After writing my post about my life lessons, I realised that even though I have learnt a few life lessons throughout my life, there’s still more that I can improve on to make myself the best version of me that I can be.
I think it’s time that I start off a journey of becoming the best version of myself. I’m going to start by making lists of traits, habits and general things that I aspire to be. I thought what better place to share these lists than right here on my blog. By putting my thoughts into writing, it will be like taking them out of my very chaotic mind and it might even help to make me feel even more accountable. Hopefully sharing my goals and aspirations with you all will encourage me to do what I need to do to get to the places that I want to be.
- I want to write more blog posts in advance so that when bloggers block hits, I have something to share with you all.
- I want to make sure I keep my home, desk area and living spaces clean.
- I want to stop procrastinating and get things done so I have time to relax when I need to in the evenings.
- I want to stick to one journal system and actually use the journal to organise my days.
- I want to start managing my monthly budgets better and start saving money.
- I want to lose five stone (70lbs) before my 24th birthday (November 2020).
- I want to drink more water instead of lemonade and other fizzy drinks.
- I want to stop eating cake as much.
- I want to try to follow exercises from YouTube.
- I want to make sure that I keep on top of my personal hygiene.
- I want to try looking at situations more positively instead of worrying too much.
- I want to show more gratitude to the people who are in my life.
- I want to cut out the toxic people in my life and make friends to replace them.
- I want to practise forgiveness for others to protect my own sanity.
- I want to incorporate daily meditation into my life.
- I want to set boundaries that will protect my own wellbeing.
- I want to start practising my drawing skills and painting more.
- I want to actually learn to play my guitar instead of looking at it just sat in the corner.
- I want to travel more and experience as many cultures as I can.
- I want to rekindle my love for reading.
- I want to start taking more photographs to capture precious life moments.
I’m hoping that now I have shared these goals with you, I’ll be able to keep up with this. It’s definitely going to be a hard journey and nothing will be accomplished overnight but it will be an interesting journey. I will probably focus on a small task per week or even longer so that I can create new habits and keep my thoughts organised.
If you lovely readers are also on a journey of self improvement, what’s on your list of things to improve on?