It’s my 25th birthday today! And what better way to celebrate a birthday than by talking about the things we are grateful for?
Practising gratitude is a great way to help you feel happier in life. I often forget to look on the more positive side and I’m sure many others do too. Life can get in the way and we forget to take a moment to appreciate everything we have.
However, today is my birthday so it’s the perfect time for me to reflect on all the things I’m grateful for.
- The first sip of tea in the morning. Especially if that morning is during the cooler seasons.
- Getting lost for hours in a magical book.
- Friends that are there for you in both the good times and the bad.
- The softness of your hair when it has just been freshly washed.
- When a car stops for you to cross a busy road.
- The warmth of a blanket on a cold day.
- When someone tells you that they are proud of you.
- Laughing until your tummy hurts. It’s even better if someone else is there too.
- The feeling when you take a step back to look at a finished project that you’ve put a lot of work into.
- Streaming servives that allow me to binge-watch my favourite shows for hours.
- The cosy feeling of getting into bed at night.
- Compliments from strangers.
- The convenience of online shops.
- The fact that highstreet shops are still avalible to browse around.
- Finding a medical professional who makes you feel heard and does everything they can to help.
- Putting on your favouurite pyjamas after a long day.
- Online friendships.
- Finding the perfet playlist for any moment.
- Libraries that are full of books and inspire you to read.
- Friendly neighbours who say hello when you walk part each other on the street.
- Always finding the inner strength to keep going.
- Going to an events that you’ve been waiting months for.
- Finding something that I thought was lost.
- Life lessons I’ve learned along the way.
What is something that you’re grateful for this year?
Leave a Reply