Today I turned 26! I’m now officially closer to 30 than 20.
On my 19th birthday, a relative told me they were turning 30 soon and I laughed at how old they were. I couldn’t even imagine being 30, it seemed so old.
But I’ve come to realise that getting older isn’t a bad thing. It means you got to experience new things and life doesn’t stop just because you hit a certain age.
We should celebrate aging and embrace the new adventures.
Since I have 4 years before I turn 30, I thought it would be fun to create a little list of 30 things I hope to do before I turn 30.
- Learn basic Japanese to the level of being able to hold a conversation.
- Visit London.
- Take a photo every day for a year.
- Find a pair of denim jeans that actually fit and won’t break after a week.
- Live more sustainably.
- Read at least 80% of the books I own. This includes manga, graphic novels and e-books.
- Get better at taking care of myself and my wellbeing.
- Learn self-defence.
- Hit my weight loss goal.
- Adopt a pet.
- Find a saving plan that works for me.
- Get another tattoo.
- Buy clothes that make me feel good about myself.
- Turn my handwriting into a font.
- Bake a pie from scratch.
- Roller skate at least once.
- Get a manicure.
- Start going swimming again.
- Fly first class somewhere.
- Go camping again.
- Complete all the video games in my backlog.
- Create a morning and evening routine.
- Have a solo photo shoot.
- Read all the Jane Austen books.
- Learn how to do my make-up properly.
- Build more life-long friendships.
- Crochet a dress for myself.
- Go to a restaurant on my own.
- Watch the sunrise at least once.
- Complete a 30 day challenge.
Have you made a 30 before 30 list? What would you add to yours?