We arrived back from Disneyland Paris just a few days ago and I’m already completely missing it. I figured that I would share some photos of my trip because I’m so happy with my experience and I need to show you all.Continue reading
After writing my post about my life lessons, I realised that even though I have learnt a few life lessons throughout my life, there’s still more that I can improve on to make myself the best version of me that I can be.
I think it’s time that I start off a journey of becoming the best version of myself. I’m going to start by making lists of traits, habits and general things that I aspire to be. I thought what better place to share these lists than right here on my blog. By putting my thoughts into writing, it will be like taking them out of my very chaotic mind and it might even help to make me feel even more accountable. Hopefully sharing my goals and aspirations with you all will encourage me to do what I need to do to get to the places that I want to be.
- I want to write more blog posts in advance so that when bloggers block hits, I have something to share with you all.
- I want to make sure I keep my home, desk area and living spaces clean.
- I want to stop procrastinating and get things done so I have time to relax when I need to in the evenings.
- I want to stick to one journal system and actually use the journal to organise my days.
- I want to start managing my monthly budgets better and start saving money.
- I want to lose five stone (70lbs) before my 24th birthday (November 2020).
- I want to drink more water instead of lemonade and other fizzy drinks.
- I want to stop eating cake as much.
- I want to try to follow exercises from YouTube.
- I want to make sure that I keep on top of my personal hygiene.
- I want to try looking at situations more positively instead of worrying too much.
- I want to show more gratitude to the people who are in my life.
- I want to cut out the toxic people in my life and make friends to replace them.
- I want to practise forgiveness for others to protect my own sanity.
- I want to incorporate daily meditation into my life.
- I want to set boundaries that will protect my own wellbeing.
- I want to start practising my drawing skills and painting more.
- I want to actually learn to play my guitar instead of looking at it just sat in the corner.
- I want to travel more and experience as many cultures as I can.
- I want to rekindle my love for reading.
- I want to start taking more photographs to capture precious life moments.
I’m hoping that now I have shared these goals with you, I’ll be able to keep up with this. It’s definitely going to be a hard journey and nothing will be accomplished overnight but it will be an interesting journey. I will probably focus on a small task per week or even longer so that I can create new habits and keep my thoughts organised.
If you lovely readers are also on a journey of self improvement, what’s on your list of things to improve on?
I’ve been to Disneyland Paris twice now and have a third trip booked. I know that’s not a huge amount but I’m grateful that I get to go at all.
In the future, Simon and I hope to get APs which means we will be going all the time but money doesn’t want that to happen right now.
In the meantime, while I’m missing the Disney magic, I thought I would write all about my favourite character meets in the parks.
Miss Bunny and Thumper
This is my all time favourite meet so I thought that I would talk about it first. It’s a funny story really. We were in the queue for the characters and something happened that made us leave the queue. We ended up all sad that we didn’t meet Miss Bunny and Thumper. So, we did some shopping. I bought a handbag with Mickey Mouse’s face on.
Anyway, we went back into the park and noticed that Miss Bunny and Thumper will be back at 1pm. We waited around for about an hour to meet them but it was totally worth it. Miss Bunny ended up loving my new bag and she posed with it. Thumper was upset that it wasn’t him that was on my bag!
Definitely the best character meet so far. Plus, Miss Bunny looks adorable with my handbag!
This was a character meet that I didn’t love so much as it was happening but thinking about it now, it made my trip extra special. We didn’t have to queue very long to meet Marie which shocked me as I figured that people would love to meet Marie.
At the time, I thought that Marie was freaky as she just clawed at me and stroked my hand but thinking about it now, it was super fun and funny.
The line to meet Jafar was the best queue ever. I was hyped and super excited so I kept making jokes.
“First we were JaFAR, then we were JaNEAR”
I realise that isn’t actually that funny but I was so happy that I would laugh at anything.
When we got to Jafar, I asked him if he was the hugging type. He shook his head at me and it was one of the best moments ever.
This was the first meet of the second trip. As soon as we arrived in the park, I noticed Daisy and ran over.
Me and Daisy posed a lot and took plenty of photos. Even though I was extra fat (I’ve lost weight since), these photos are some of my favourite of myself. Not because of how I look but because of how happy I am.
This was the last character meet of the second trip. We were packing up and waiting for the coach to the airport when Goofy arrived so of course, we had to squish in one more character meet before we left.
I gave him the biggest hug and told him that I would see him soon.
I can’t wait to go back to Disneyland Paris and meet more characters. Have you ever been before? Who was your fave character meet?